We're celebrating more than 100 years of manufacturing. Our story begins in 1906, with the British Steel Piling company, founded by Edward Le Bas.
BSP designed and manufactured sheet piles and steam-powered piling hammers. The company's influence continued to grow and for many years, it was also involved in the manufacture of drilling, earth boring and tunnelling machines.
During the early 1970s, the newly nationalized British Steel Corporation took over the marketing of all UK-produced steel sheet piling, and BSP made a global impact.
BSP was acquired by Tex Holdings plc in 1989 and more recently incorporated into the TEX GROUP.
TEX GROUP companies are well-known and long-established:
- The Green Ace Motor Company Ltd (G&M Power Plant) was incorporated in 1938. The company was acquired by TEX in 2015. Europax was established in 1974 and acquired by TEX in 1998. In 2021 G&M Tex and Eurotex International merged to form G&M EUROTEX.
- Quinton & Kaines (Holdings) Ltd was formed in 1965, founded by Bert Quinton and Colin Kaines, with the brand name Quikaboard. TEX acquired QK in 1987.
- AK Precision Mouldings Limited (founded in 1977) was acquired in 1986 and included two factories in Derby. West Country Tooling Ltd and West Country Plastics Limited were acquired in 1988.
- TEX ATC was founded in 1996.
The TEX GROUP head office is in Great Blakenham (Ipswich, UK), located alongside the original BSP factory and railway, and surrounded by some of the TEX GROUP manufacturing facilities.
Notable TEX GROUP Projects and Achievements
- Air traffic control room designs for Bangkok International, Manchester Airport (UK), Muscat International, and RAF Coningsby
- Custom generators for polar research vessel RRS Sir David Attenborough
- CX piling hammer for the London Eye
- Exhibition panel manufacture for HSBC and IBM
- Flying control rooms and ship window and wiper systems for the Royal Navy Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers and India’s first home-built carrier, INS Vikrant.
- Generators for Hinkley Point power station
- Generators for Royal Navy T45 destroyers
- Generators for the US OceanWind project
- Generators for US Navy vessels
- Heathrow airport back-up power system
- Hover barge power packs
- Lightweight honeycomb panels for the ‘Shared Ground’ zone in the Millennium Dome
- Maxiview Tempest glazing (winner of the BAE Systems Innovation Award for unique control room glass)
- National Grid generators
- Panels for Christies International Auctions
- Panels for the Westborough Cardboard Building for Cottrell & Vermeulen Architects
- Partnership with JCB Greenshields and development of lightweight, remote radio controlled, mobile piling rig
- Plastic components for Triumph motorcycles
- Retail display panel manufacture for Adidas and Thorntons
- Signage panel manufacture for Tesco
- Winner of the Plastics Industry Awards 2022
To exceed our customers’ expectations with high quality products through a motivated workforce, continuous improvement, innovation, and customer partnerships to achieve profitable growth.
To produce world class manufactured products and services that deliver total customer satisfaction.